Certifying Equality? A critical conversation on Athena SWAN and equality accreditation
Friday 17th February, 10am-5pm.
Wolfson Research Exchange, University of Warwick Library.
You are warmly invited to attend a one-day critical discussion on the challenges and opportunities presented by Athena SWAN.
This event will bring together colleagues who work on creating, supporting and evaluating submissions, with researchers who have been studying Athena SWAN and other equality and diversity monitoring mechanisms.
The emphasis during the day will be upon cross-disciplinary conversation, with a focus on discussion, debate, and ideas around how we can support one another in bringing about real change in our institutions.
Questions addressed during the day will include:
- What’s new about Athena SWAN – and what’s changing?
- How can we use equality charters such as Athena SWAN to improve our institutions?
- How can we bring a feminist perspective to Athena SWAN submissions?
- How can we take an intersectional approach to Athena SWAN submissions?
- What are the limitations of equality charters such as Athena SWAN?
- What might be “missing” from equality charters such as Athena SWAN?
- How would we like to see Athena SWAN change the future?
In addition to talks and panels throughout the day, we will be facilitating two ‘open’ sessions in which attendees are encouraged to share their thoughts and experiences.
This is a free event, but numbers are limited and registration is required. To register, please visit our event page: