The Feminist Studies Association (UK & Ireland) provides exciting opportunities for academics and students involved in feminist, gender and women’s studies. We run regular feminist events across the UK, as well as schemes including the FSA Book Prize, the FSA Mentoring Scheme and the FSA Student Essay Competition. We are a key resource for news on feminist, gender and women’s studies, for those within UK and Irish universities and beyond.
Why become a member?
Benefits of becoming a member of FSA include:
- The opportunity to apply to our schemes such as the FSA Book Prize and the FSA Student Essay Competition
- Access to and use of our extensive distribution and discussion email list. This is an excellent way to meet other members working on similar research areas, and also circulate CfPs, encouraging the dissemination of gender / feminist / women’s studies
- Discounted registration at FSA events
- Access to the exclusive members area of our website, which includes the FSA newsletter archive, contact details for other members, and a calendar for relevant upcoming events and call for papers
- Copies of the biannual FSA Newsletter, which include interviews, critical discussions of feminism, and also a round up of upcoming / past feminist events. This is a great opportunity to publicise activities / events at your institution
- The opportunity to be elected onto the Executive committee of the FSA.
The FSA has recently amended its membership rates with careful consideration of income salaries and increased financial pressure.
We no longer offer institutional membership, but if you represent an institution and would like to chat to us about potential collaborations or associations please contact email@example.com.
Frequently Asked Questions
I have a standing order set up. What happens to my membership?
If you have paid for your membership by standing order in the past then you should cancel this standing order and register and pay through the online system below. If you are unable to use the online system please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.
I want my institution to pay for my membership. How would I go about doing this?
There are a few ways you can ensure that your institution covers the cost of your membership. You can pay it yourself and claim it back from your institution, you can ask your institution to pay membership via PayPal or you can contact us at email@example.com for our bank details and we can set you up on the online system manually.
My institution used to have institutional membership. How can we support/collaborate with the FSA?
We can add your institution to our institutional affiliations page, discuss hosting conferences together and any members in your department are welcome to sign up individually.
I have tried to register but the website says that this email is in use. How do I register on your site for membership?
Our membership runs via wordpress and you become a ‘subscriber’. So if you have registered the email address you are trying to use for a wordpress account previously, you need to use these log in details. You must log in before registering in the log in box on the registration page. If you have forgotten your password there is an option to reset it in this first log in box. Alternatively, you can use a different email address to register or you can contact us and we can add you to our site manually and you can pay membership directly to us.