Since 2002, the FSA has been hosting conferences to promote research in gender, women’s, and feminist studies. Such conferences have brought together academics, activists, and policy workers to showcase the latest gender, feminist and women’s studies research. The conferences have provided a forum in which to discuss research, pedagogy, activism and policy and facilitates discussions, debate, networking and professional development opportunities.
Previous FSA Conferences
- FWSA Virtual Conference, 2017
- Making space for feminism in the neo-liberal academy: University of Strathclyde, 2017
- Everyday Encounters with Violence: Critical feminist perspectives: University of Leeds, 2015
- Rethinking Sisterhood: The Affective Politics of Women’s Relationships: University of Bristol, 2014.
- The Lady Doth Protest: Mapping Feminist Movements, Moments, and Mobilisations: Nottingham University, 2013.
- The Futures of Feminism: Brunel University, 2011.
- Feminist Transitions: Edgehill University, 2009.
- Feminism and Popular Culture: Newcastle University, 2007.
- Identities, Sexualities, Diversities: Bradford University, 2006.
- Gender and Violence: University of Aberdeen, 2005.
- Feminism Contesting Globalisation: University College Dublin, 2004.
- Crossing Boundaries: Birkbeck College, University of London, 2003.
- Beyond Sex and Gender: The Future of Women’s Studies?: Queen’s University Belfast, 2002.