Deadline for applications: 22nd May 2020
We are recruiting a new Communications Officer for the FSA Executive Committee.
FSA Communications Officer
The FSA Communications Officers disseminate FSA and members’ news, promote the Association and our schemes, and stimulate discussion of feminist issues through sharing content. You will work alongside another Communications Officer to share responsibility for managing our website and social media pages. We are developing the FSA’s online presence and are looking for someone committed to producing new and exciting content to engage new members following the relaunch of our website.
The central responsibilities for the FSA Communications Officers are:
- Overseeing the production and posting of blog content, including finding contributors to write for the blog, editing content for readability and basic SEO keyword search
- Liaising with publishers and contributors to oversee the production and posting of book reviews
- Updating the website and social media pages according to our guidelines to provide cohesion and consistency across our outputs
- Creating and sourcing regular content for our Twitter and Facebook pages to engage members
- Responding to comments and messages on social media and moderating any comments that do not adhere to our community standards
Once in post, the division of tasks will be decided with the other Communications Officer.
Knowledge and experience of using WordPress and social media is essential. The applicant should have a personal Facebook page or be willing to set one up. A basic understanding of SEO, a good eye for detail, and strong organisational skills would also be helpful.
Terms of office run for 3 years and it is expected that Executive members engage with the running of the FSA through regular attendance at Executive and AGM meetings and regular contact with other Executive members. All Exec officers must be members of the FSA at the time of assuming office.
Those interested in the role should submit a 2-page CV and a 1-page statement explaining why you wish to be considered for the role and how you will contribute to the FSA. Email applications must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 22nd May 2020.
General enquiries about the role can be directed to the co-chairs of FSA, Laura Clancy and Sara De Benedictis, at email@example.com.